The Rodney Public Library was home to Della Ludy, one of the founding members of the Elgin County Library Association in 1936. The actual letter that Della sent which started the process is located on the right sidebar under "Rodney Pictures".
The library joined the Elgin County Library Association in 1936 and continued its membership when the Elgin County Library Co-operative was formed in 1947. In 1951, the library was relocated to a new building on Main St. called the McMillian Brothers Memorial Library. The building was funded by Archie and Duncan McMillian who left $7000 to the library. The library was renovated in 1975 when it was briefly closed.
Getting the internet in the library was an important milestone and in October 1996 Rodney had its internet open house. The library still remains in the same location in 2010.